Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our beautiful table...thank you Dan!

Do you love the napkin rings? Madison made them all by herself!
Too many cooks in this kitchen!
Aaron and Brian pretending they helped cook something.
Marcus and I taste testing my lemon merengue mini tarts...mmmm!Everyone gathering around the table...finally getting to eat.



This Thanksgiving was really great. My parents and Nanci and her kids and Marcus all came up to brave (uh...I mean spend) the holiday with us. It was so fun watching Garrett terrorize everything within crawling distance, and Wyatt and Madison actually played really well together.






Brian's friend Aaron (a fellow teacher) really did brave the holiday here with us. Brian actually told him to come over at around noon...hmmm...has Brian never met any Allens before? Why would he think that we would even be close to eating at noon? I guess he needs seven more years with me to figure it out.






We cooked all day long, I tried to make everything that everyone likes so they would all be happy...and I ended up nearly destroying my house and everyone in it. I exploded a glass bowl of butter in the microwave....twice...I splattered innocent bystanders with the squash soup I was pureeing in the blender, I started my oven on fire....but was able to save the lemon merengue mini tarts (phew...that was close). Somehow I was still able to pull together a meal, and we all ate too much and then slept. Ah, don't you just love Thanksgiving?

8 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Angela said...

That looks like a yummy Thanksgiving feast. Also, what a nice looking table and chairs, and Krista, where did you get such an adorable silky shirt??? Was it from your stylish sister in law? It looks good on you!!! Hopefully over the Christmas break we will be able to see you guys and that cute niece and nephew of mine.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Holy crap!! A new post!! I'm so excited!

Thanksgiving looks great!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Dan said...

i almost missed this post, but I'm glad Travis pointed it out to me. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving, thanks to me and that lovely lovely table.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Jessica Dunlap said...

Ooh! Looks like a yummy feast! And I second Angie's comment: Krista, you look so stylin' and cute!

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger WX Ences said...

Looks like you guys had quite the Thanksgiving haul! Yum!! And what would Thanksgiving be without a few near death experiences in the kitchen?!?! I love it!

I love the pics of your super helpful older child and super helpless infant! I can totally relate! In fact, just this morning Clay was holding Jack for me and 'mysteriously' ended up with a goose egg on his forehead and Jack screaming at the top of his lungs...so helpful! He does try hard though and he definitely is good at making Jacko laugh. Jack loves his older brothers (I'm sure he'll learn to appreciate his older sister too....someday)!

Good to see you're posting again...it's good to catch up!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Your table looks amazing! Looks like you all had an awesome day!! Lots of fun memories!!

Lots of love!

Aunt Cheryl

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Wow Benjamin is really growing up since I saw him last! I hope that you will call me if you get down to these parts around Christmas time so that I can see your munchkins in person. Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was crazy fun and delicious. We had Thanksgiving at our house this year too and I actually really liked not having to be the one to travel. I am taking the lazy way out and linking to my cousins' blogs so that I don't have to sit and upload all of the pictures. Well, talk to you later!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Celestine said...

Your table was GORGEOUS! Krista, sounds like you were a kitchen slave. But everything looked amazing.

Your children are really beautiful and sweet. Enjoy the rest of the holidays together.

We love you all and miss our visits with you. Lots of love, Cel and Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home