Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Birthday To Us.....




At the end of August, Nanci and I decided to celebrate our birthdays together this year by taking control of the festivities...we went to a spa! We got massages, pedicures and manicures...went to Cheesecake Factory sans children, bought a cake, and lounged around for the entire day! Sweeeeet!!! As you can see, the children were waiting very patiently for the cake...that is mysteriously missing a piece...hmmm...Nanci and I don't know how this happened. At all. So don't ask us.
It was so fun to have them all up here. I love my little nephews, and it was so funny to see tiny Garrett crawling himself all over the place. Wyatt is the smartest little guy, and says the most hilarious things. Nanci and Ryan are just great...we played a mean game of Hearts, and it was funny to be around them and realize how comfortable we all were with each other. Hehe.
The problem with having an awesome birthday like this is that now I feel like I always need to go to the spa and out to an expensive and unneccesary lunch with my sister for my birthday. I have a feeling this could get really expensive. So I decided that next year we'll just go on a cruise. What do you think, ladies? Should we ditch the men and babies and do a ladies only cruise to Mexico?

5 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

I can't believe Garrett is crawling!! Just crazy! I'm so glad that Hayden's happy to roll still. hehe

Sounds like a sweet birthday! My favorite part is the cake with a piece missing.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Nanci said...

Yeah for us and our spa extravaganza! Oh how I love us! It is amazing just how comfortable we really are with eachother! :) I am thinking that a cruise would be fabulous, but I really don't think I could convince Ryan, maybe I'll just have to work on him!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger EM said...

Um, I vote for the cruise ONLY if I get to come, too!
AND,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I love you two!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I think it sounds like a perfectly wonderful birthday treat! I am so glad that you were able to do it.

Aren't we lucky to have sisters? We don't always appreciate them when we are kids, but marriage and motherhood have a way of bring them close to us and bonds are forged that hold us together. (Trips to Spa's and fun days together don't hurt either!)

Next year keep in mind that my birthday is also in September! I think bonding with Aunts is pretty important too!!

Love ya!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

If you really want to go to Mexico, I'm all over that. Remember when we almost went to Mazatlan for spring break and our moms were freaking out? That would have been quite the adventure.
Sounds like you had a fun time with Nanci - can you believe we are getting so old? Well, at least you are old... I won't be that old for like... a couple of weeks. Hehee. Those are also really cute pictures of Madi on her 1st day of school. *Sniff* I remember when she was but a wee babe. I'm sure I will also cry when Grant goes to school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home