Monday, August 13, 2007

Highlights Of The Allen Family Reunion

This is Madison at her best...she looooooooves to sing! Did I mention that she LOVES TO SING?! She probably spent an hour by herself on the kareoke machine...belting out whatever was playing in her own words, with her own unique vocal styling. She was so cute and hilarious! I have a clip...but I have no clue how to put it on here. Maybe someone could tell me how. Anyway, she really got the kareoke going for everyone else, and soon after her final number......everyone was singing! I kind of felt like I was in Taiwan again. Hmmm...lots of crazy people singing really loud elevator music. Hehe...but it was really fun. The best part was when the blue team (Los Azules....We Will Win When Pigs Fly!) took to the "stage" and performed a rousing rendition of Stop in the Name of Love. Wow...even Grandma Allen joined in!
Here is my (non)award-winning dutch-oven meatballs. They didn't win, but I still felt like a winner...there wasn't a crumb left! I actually made meatball subs out of these, quite a brilliant and unique move, if I do say so myself. Aaaa...the victory will have to wait. There's always next year! I'm going to have to start developing recipes now if I want to win...the competition is stiff!
This is my favorite picture of the night...my Dad and Grandma Allen having a mean game of Go Fish. Very cute. It was lots of fun! The planners outdid themselves this year! We had the Allen Family Olympics with events such as Frisby Golf, PVC Pipe bowling, Horseshoes, Go Fish, and of course, Kareoke. Brian totally missed out this year! We can't wait for next year!

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Nanci said...

Just to clarify I was the one who had the idea for the meatball subs! Credit taker!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Mmmm...meatballs. I would love some meatball subs!! Good idea Nanci...you are such a credit-taker Krista! haha

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

This picture is priceless! Very cute!! It is fun to see some pictures from the reunion!!

Love ya!

Aunt Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home