Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Brian getting ready to enjoy his special Father's Day meal.
Brian's dinner menu: my special secret recipe meatloaf, tomato and zucchini pasta and homemade bread.
Brian wearing his new Spiderman 3 jammies and climbing the wall, Spidey-style.
Father's Day was a little hectic this year. We actually had three extra kids to take to church. Our friends the Paynes were in Nevada to pick up the two daughters of another couple in our old ward for them (she's about to have a baby...no traveling to Nevada for her!), so we had their two boys and little girl to play with. They have an eight year old, a five year old, and their little girl is a little over a year and a half. If anyone has talked to Madison, the five year old would be Brock, her future husband.
We had a good time...and it was funny when we arrived five minutes late (after leaving fifteen minutes early...I can't explain it either) and rushed in. And then I looked around and noticed that I had all the kids and no Brian...and then they started the sacrament prayer....uh oh! It turns out Brian was putting the stroller in the foyer when they closed the doors...and started without him. Needless to say I had a tiny panic attack. But they were all pretty good, and Brian was able to get in after the sacrament, so I guess it worked out.
After the extra kids went home, Madi and I cooked Brian's feast. We made my Grandma's meatloaf (seriously...it is SO good, especially for something names meatloaf), tomato and zucchini pasta (I learned how to make this from Martha, and then I altered it to my liking...so yummy), homemade bread, and my should-be-made-illegal brownies. Mmmm.
Then Madison gave him his present...new Spiderman pj's! He was so excited...it was an awesome Father's Day.
Oh! I almost forgot that for breakfast I made him his favorite....Eggs Benedict. What an awesome wife I am.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

That meatloaf looks Dee-licious!! You'll have to pass along your secret family recipe. Looks like a great Father's Day meal.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Nice pjs. Travis got some nice dr. pepper pjs. Definitely you 2 are brothers. great posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home