Monday, November 20, 2006

Christmas Dress....Aaaaarrrggghhh

Well, here it is. I think this dress actually took me about 28 hours of labor to finish, and about three hours of sulking and throwing things down in frustration. But in the end, I have to say that it turned out pretty good. These pictures don't give you the greatest idea, you'll have to see it in person. It is so fluffy! The crinoline was yards and yards of netting and lining, and as frustrating as it was to sew through all that bulk, it was totally worth it for the fluffiness effect.


This is a close-up of the diamonds on the sleeve. They actually turned out the best of all, which is a little sad because you don't notice them as much as you do on the front of the dress. And just so you appreciate it....all that is hand sewn. You have to machine sew the triangle shapes, and then you have to hand sew the points together...apply beads...hand stitch the velvet ribbon behind the diamonds and THEN you can cut out the sleeves! Wow...I'm pretty sure I won't use this pattern again, but it is pretty cool all made up.


Here's the back, where I nearly lost my mind as I cut through the button hole to the edge of the dress after it was all finished. Fortunately you can't tell...and I think I fixed it (fingers crossed!).

This last one you can see the diamonds on the front better. Oh, and Madison is really into having her hair curly lately. Every night she begs me to put in the sponge rollers. It is so cute...and she is such a girly girl!

Well...that's what has actually been keeping me busy for the past month. With it all done and out of the way, I don't know what to do with myself. Aaahh...if only that were true........Christmas sewing, here I come!!!

14 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

OH my gosh! It is amazing!! I love the diamonds and the color is so awesome on Madison! Plus of course the curls are a nice touch! haha It's an amazing dress. I love how it's high waisted and really full. What a great seamstress you are!!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

So cute! And you are such a crafty, baking, talented mum! I'm impressed. Maddie is such a doll, too. I want one!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Travis said...

That is really adorable. And that is not a word that I use all the time...

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Nanci said...

OHHHHHHH!!!! I love it! It looks so cute! I don't know what you were worried about. I absolutly LOVE it!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

You are putting us all to shame!!! Adorable!!! I guess I need to get sewing for the boring BOYS! hahaha

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

Oh she looks so cute in that dress! And her hair in curls is just adorable!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

I just looked and realized you made that, way to go krista!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger The Willfords said...

great dress! the little one next to it looked cute too. Post some close up shots of that as well. I may have to hire you :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Absolutely beautiful. Make sure you save that dress for her when she grows up!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger WX Ences said...

I'm impressed with the sewing skills! I wish I had more time to use mine. I haven't made Ali anything since her blessing dress, and she's almost two now!
P.S. I was wondering what size can of pumpkin you used in the pumpkin cinnamon rolls? The small or larger size? I love pumpkin stuff and wanted to give them a try now that it is cold enough to start baking again!
-Audri

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Krista said...

You actually just use 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin...so I guess you would want the small can. We had a small pumpkin leftover from Halloween, so I used that.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

new post

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

new post PLEASE???

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Tina said...

Oh.... that's really beautiful!!
Merry X'mas !! Biran... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home