Friday, October 06, 2006

What's Keeping ME Busy.....

This is what I've been working on lately...while I watch way too much television. Believe it or not, I actually knitted all of those squares myself! I taught myself to knit a couple of months ago...and once I realized I had learned left-handed (first mistake), and Tammy told me I was knitting the wrong loop (second mistake), things actually went along pretty well. These squares are going to become Christmas slippers...these ones particulary are for Madi and I. Isn't that yarn adorable?? They are going to be matching green and white...and I'm not sure what Brian's are going to be yet, because he told me the green was too girly. Picky, picky, picky! And that green notebook to the right is my Christmas master plan....so if you are able to steal it, you could find out what everyone is getting this year! Too bad we live in Ontario!! You'll just have to come see us if you want your chance.

I'm actually pretty excited for Christmas this year, because Brian and I decided that this year is going to be a hand-made Christmas only. Soooo...everything we are giving to each other and everyone else has to be hand-made. And I think we're going to try our hand at home-made decorations...we'll see. Oooo...just wait until you see some of the other stuff we're doing......ooooo!!! I'm so excited!!!



And this is my other "project" of sorts. I bought this monstrosity from the Salvation Army this week. Wow...it is huge. It is now filled with all of my sewing supplies and accessories. Thanks to Melanie for giving me the idea...although Brian just about died when he saw it, it really is quite ugly in person...but it was cheap and, did I meantion, HUGE!!!!

Coming soon to a post near you......the long awaited shots of my homemade applesauce, pear butter and other canned goodies. (First I have to go into the garage to take the pictures....since the smell makes me gag....I might have to have Brian do it.) And....Madi's first day of pre-school pics!!! Plus....the revelation of the worst kept secret in Hobbsdom.....don't miss it!!

10 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

You crafty thing! Why is every mother in the world full of crafty goodness except for me? You'll have to check out Kim's blog - www.chefmessy.com - it's amazing. Meanwhile, I make homemade mac and cheese still. Oh well! I love the cake stuff, by the way. And the homemade Christmas idea. My family always had a homemade Christmas the night before, and it's one of my favorite traditions. Good luck!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Trust me, the craftiness doesn't come until after the toddlerhood...come to think of it, I have a lot more time to be crafty now that Madi is in pre-school. Of course, pretty soon I'll have no time again. But...I LOOOVVEE homemade mac and cheese!!! And I say making that constitutes craftiness...delicious craftiness!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Love the dresser Krista!! I still love mine, you can store so much in there. I even have a drawer for unfinished projects (it's getting rather full). Nice squares for your slippers too. I can't wait to see them all done.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

We miss you guys! Cake decorating...wow. Sounds like tons of fun! Keep in touch! Just in case you didn't have it before, our blog is www.lloydscityfolk.blogspot.com

Take care!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

Wow, maybe I should post a "what's keeping me busy page too", all jokes aside, I love the color of the slippers, Brian doesn't know what he's missing, maybe you could do some orange ones to match those orange pants :)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger The Willfords said...

So I'm getting the hint that you're pregnant? You know I try to e-mail you and I get no response and so this is the reason...allright I'll take it. Congrats and I sincerely hope you're feeling better than with Madi. I want to be filled in. Please post more about it on the blog or e-mail me.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger WX Ences said...

I have so many unfinished projects, I'm incredibly jealous of all that you seem to be accomplishing. I think you are right about not having time to do such things until the kids start school. It feels as though I will NEVER have them all in school because there is always one more. Oh well, someday..... Congratulations by-the-way! I'm always out of the loop. I'll be sure to check the blog regularly so I can stay cought up! Take care and stay in touch!

-Audri

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said...

Krista! You have a glob! I mean, a blog! ;) I found you via the Spuds, and it's so fun to read what you've been up to. Look at you being all domestic!

Anyway, it's been fun catching up on you guys! You're little girl is a doll!

Kim (a.k.a. Chef Messy - www.chefmessy.com)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Lovely Jenny said...

Oh~I found~ you're all like to make things! Maybe I should ask my father teaching you to make some delicious foods! Created by himself!

My blog is so lonely now!
http://wwwflying.blogspot.com

If you wonder who I am?~
I was brian's student~
Your blog is so fun!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mike said...

How wonderful to be creating useful things with your own hands! Way to go Krista! How do you and Brian like living in Oregon? How is his teaching job coming along? How far away are you from Idaho Falls or Pocatello?

We miss you guys!! Thanks for your fun blog postings :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home