Friday, November 03, 2006

The Wait Is Finally Over!!!

Okay, here's the moment you've all been waiting for...and frankly, I've been waiting too! Brian was supposed to post the sonogram a loooooong time ago, but he didn't. Soooo, I've been getting all of the harassment, and he just keeps putting it off. I decided to just post something and let him get the sonogram up when he gets to it.

The Proud Papa didn't actually get to see the ultrasound...I told him that if he didn't come then we'd for sure find out, but work being what it is...he couldn't get away. So what is the first thing the ultrasound technician asked me about five seconds into the whole thing? You guessed it, "Do you want to know what you're having??" I could have been patient and kind and said, "no, I'll wait until my husband can come," but then again...I'm not patient or kind....so I said, "Of course I would like to know!!" We weren't actually supposed to find out until my next ultrasound, which would have worked out perfectly since it is the day before Thanksgiving. Oh well!! I was so excited and started planning how I would tell Brian and then how we could surprise everyone else.

Madi and I bought Brian some Eggnog to celebrate with, and got some little baby clothes in the appropriate color and laid them out for him to see when he got home. He was, of course, soooo excited! He didn't actually have to wait to find the clothes, because Madi told him the second he walked through the door.

Then plan to tell the families was that we would just go along with the original not knowing until Thanksgiving plan, and then we would bring a cheesecake to Thanksgiving that was the right color for the new baby...but Madison and Brian spilled the beans that we knew what it was going to be...so we had to adjust, knowing that there would be no end to the harrassment on both sides if we didn't just tell them.

All of this brings us to the surprise!! We are having...............................................


A BOY!!!!!!!!
Can you believe it??? Brian is excited to even out the stakes in this family, and Madi is just gloating because she's been telling us all along that it was a brother. And I'm just happy that it will be a healthy little guy. Hooray!! Get ready for another Hobbs Boy!!!!

10 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Harray we are so glad that it's a boy. Grongradulations from all of us. We all like boys here in the family.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Yeah boy yeah boy yeah boy. I can't wait!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

Congratulations guys!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I am totally excited for the Oregon Hobbs! Brian needs to start petitioning for callings in cub scouts or maybe even boy scouts to get ready for all the boy fun!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Dan said...

That's total rad

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I am very glad that I checked your blog to find out the big news! Congratulations! Make sure and keep me posted on every single detail. I am very excited for you. Call me or email me anytime you want to chat - I don't go into the office very much anymore and am mostly just home with Grant. Love ya! Sincerely, Ramon

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Yeah for boys. I'm so happy you're having a boy. Boys are so much fun.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger The Willfords said...

Very awesome! So now the question were you as sick as you were with Madi or not as much? And do you think this is directly related to the gender? Brian needs to take a pic of you and post it. Let's see this growing baby! :)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

Ha ha, Brian will have met his soul mate, watch out! :)

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congradulations. That is so cool. Our boy is due Feb. 2nd. Taiwan is still good. You are doing great with your blog. I am very happy for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home