Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Secret Project

This fine piece of furniture is my secret project.....too bad Krista knows it already. Anyways, this hand crafted soon to be a one of a kind artwork by me, has been sitting in the storage for 5 years. Krista saw this at a thrift store and thought that it might need some tender loving care. When we bought this high-chair it needed some work. First of all, all the pieces on this chair were loose. It was wobbly, rickety, and generally unsafe for children. This was also the problem of the giant hole located in the middle of the seat. I think it was a kaka chair. After I washed it so it wasn't unclean and spent some quality time with the putty knife and wood glue it looks as good as new. I'm in the process of painting it white.

I had to coat the chair with 50 layers of white gloss paint....Krista insisted on no runs or drip marks on the masterpiece. This is my contribution to homemade Christmas. It's not done yet.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I think that high chair is great!! It's so cute! I love the vintage look. You did a great job fixing it up Brian. I'm sure baby Benjamin will love it too in a few months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home