Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Outfitting the Hobbs Bistro





Sooo...I've been wanting to get a cute little bistro table and chairs to put on my perfect porch. I finally found a perfect little fixer-upper at the thrift shop for thirty bucks....plus the paint to freshen it up...$50! Not bad...it is the table and chairs in the top two pictures. Of course I forgot to take a before...but it is still kind of a before because the table doesn't have a top yet. Do you like the seats? I redid them with the red...my new favorite color.

Then, after I had started on this little project, Brian came home from work with this other table and chair set that a co-worker was getting rid of. Cute, huh? Now I can't decide what to do with it. Repaint? Add cushions? It is a folding table, believe it or not, and the chairs are folding chairs. It's cuter in real life. I invite anyone who wants to come out here to see them...we'll even cook you something delicious and serve it to you out on our porch. But I need some advice....paint it white to match the other set? Or should I do it different and use it once we get our patio poured in the back? HELP!! I have only a tiny bit of good taste, and I used it all on the other table.

6 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oooohhh! I'm usually a fan of paint, but I wouldn't paint the second set. It looks perfectly weathered the way it is! The first set looks great too!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Nice job!! I love both sets! If it were me, I would put the brown set in the back just as it is and not cover it with paint. What kind of top are you going to put on your table??

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Awesome projects. I like them both. I've done quite a bite of restoration myself this summer. Angie, post some pictures of your bedroom set will you?

Man, I wish I would have known about the table top. There was a 3 foot piece of 1/4 inch glass at Dillard's going out of business sale for $5.00 the other day. Dang! It would have looked sweet on the top of the white one. I really like the way you finished it off.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

Holy post! I love seeing all the pics of Ben and Maddy, and good job Brian on the fence! As far as the tables go, I love the white one, and would also just leave the brown one as is..too much work, just throw a table cloth over it when you use it, and it would be awesome if you could use the same fabric as the chairs? Thanks for the post, I love to see what you guys are up to.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger EM said...

Good work on the chairs/table! I would just leave the brown set the way it is, too.
Hey, I heard you guys were heading over to UT for a ballroom conference or something. . . .

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Celestine said...

Krista and Brian, I have to say I love your taste in homes and home furnishings (and patio furnishings).

The white set with the red cushions are adorable.

Your children are beautiful and growing up fast! Hope to see everyone up in Idaho sometime this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home