Monday, June 30, 2008

Ben's First Birthday





Benjamin survived his first year of life here with us, so we decided to commemorate the event with a cool party, lots of friends, an awesome home-baked cake and general happiness and revelry.....

Unfortunately all the friends cancelled, I had to work all week so there was no time for a cake, Benjamin came down with a horrid double ear infection and the party was way not as cool as we thought it was going to be. It was actually clever if my party had actually gone through...it was a party for Benjamin Bunny....the invitations we sent out had pictures of a little carrot patch and invited people to come to Benjamin's carrot patch for a party. It was just after Easter so I got a bunch of bunny party favors, chocolate bunnies, bunny ears, peeps bunnies.....bunny plates and napkins.....you get the picture. And even though I didn't have time to make one, we got a cute carrot cake from the store that was decorated like a carrot patch. Yep, I know....shame that our guests all cancelled that morning. And it would have still been alright if Ben hadn't screamed the whole night before and all day because his poor little ears were killing him.

Sooo....we ended up putting him in the high chair long enough to get a picture and let him smoosh some cake, then we drugged him up and put him to bed. Brian, Madison and I did our best to party without him. Oh well, he'll have plenty more birthdays, I suppose.

At this time he isn't walking yet, and hasn't stood up on the furniture, but he gets around really well with his special (read *weird*) crawl that he does. He says "Mommamama" and "Dadaddada." He loves Madison and follows her everywhere, and for now she doesn't mind.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I love how he is screaming until you give him some cake!! He's a guy alright!!

He is so adorable!! I miss those days!! (Luke is pretty adorable, but I miss the little snuggly age!!)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger EM said...

That is an AWESOME first birthday story! hee hee, I'll be chuckling about it for a looong while!
he's really happy with the cake smooshing, though. What a cute little guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home