Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Morning




I was surpised this year to find that both kids slept in. Huh. It actually wasn't all that great because we have church at 9:00, and I sort of wanted to get the whole basket thing out of the way before church. We are also notoriously late for sacrament meeting every week, so I was really hoping to make it on time for once. I eventually got them all rousted out of bed, though. They were both really excited about what the Easter bunny left for them. Madi especially loved her dress (don't ask....it's a combination of guilt and obsession that drives me) and Ben loved the new bottle in his basket. We gave Ben a bunch of empty eggs....they are always the most fought after toy in our house, and he loves them. He's been carrying them around the house all day.

Marcus came to visit us over Easter, so we've been putting him to work. Brian had him climb up our massive trees yesterday to cut down the branches that have been threatening to destroy our cars and roof for the last year. Yay for Marcus! I would also like to note that I did try to find him a date for while he was here (this was his stipulation for the visit), but was unsucessful due to unforseen circumstances (there are no girls here who don't have tatoos on their faces or ten kids from when they were in high school). I promise to try harder next time, Marcus!

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh Marcus!! Send him up here, I could find a few manly things for him to do. I don't know if I could find him a date the appropriate age, though. Isn't it nice to have family come visit??!!

Lots of love!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home