Monday, March 03, 2008

Dancing Queen...Welcome Back to Blogville




Okay, okay...so we are evil non-blogging losers who've deprived you all of seeing your precious (fill in relationship here) for over a month now. We are sorry.....we are just sooo busy lately! Brian and I are teaching two ballroom classes a week, plus two separate private lessons for a competition. I am working for the tax man, and Brian is trying to desperately write lesson plans and grade papers when he's not watching kids or keeping me from checking in to the nut house.

Madi has been very busy with her dance class, they had a competition in Nampa (that I didn't get to go to) and got lots of ribbons and trophies...which means they get to perform in May at Lagoon for "Nationals." I'm not sure why they call it that, I'm pretty sure it's one of those things that you pay to perform in, in fact I know it is...since I paid for her to perform in it. We thought you might enjoy some pictures in full costume.

Ben and Madi have both been pretty sick for about three months, and this is also making us crazy. Madi had a huge kidney infection in early January, and we found out she was allergic to Pennicillin (sp?),followed by the nastiest cold ever....then passed it along to Ben. They both had double ear infections in February, where we found that Ben was also allergic to it....and then he kept getting worse with the coughing, he stopped sleeping and eating...and we finally took him back in, only to discover that he had RSV, and had to use one of those nebulizers with albuterol (which makes kids verrrryy wild!). Sooo...we haven't slept or seen each other in about three months, and it will continue to be that way until April 15th, when I will be done with tax season.

A huge thank you to Dan and Tammy for coming to rescue us this weekend!! They cooked for us and brought us treats and let us go on a real date with no kids! We stayed out till 11:00, when we remembered we hadn't slept in three months and were tired. Still, pretty cool. Thanks, guys!

There! Is everyone happy now?! Just kidding, we love to keep in touch this way, I'll try to be quicker with the blogs!!

9 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Seriously, I had to double-check the web address. I couldn't believe it! Madi looks just adorable. I would love to see her dance!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Yea! A new post!! What fun to see so many new things on here to catch up on! Sounds like you are all going strong there!! I hope that the kids are feeling better!!

Maddie is so adorable in her dancing outfit! What a thrill for them to dance at Lagoon!!

Lots of love!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Yeah for the blog postings. I love the update on Ben and Madi's bangs. I just got bangs two weeks ago too. I had to close my eyes when she cut my hair, but I love it now. I look like a hot mama.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jessica Dunlap said...

Hello! I loved reading your post! When is the nationals? Sebastian and I would love to come watch her perform. It would be nice to see you all when you are in Utah. Keep us updated when you get the dates and times. Hey, and if you want a free place to stay--our apartment is small but cozy!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Jess...nationals are May 2-3rd, that's a Friday and Saturday, but I'm not sure on the times. It would be awesome to see you! I'll let you know the performance times.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I am so happy to get the updates! That's a bummer that you've had sick kids. My cousin's kid got RSV and they had to put this mask thing on and pump it. I don't really know what they were pumping, but it did not look like fun. I love that you are already training Madi to be a drill-team Nazi. Buwahaha. Her bangs remind me of my bangs in 2nd grade. They totally started halfway back on my head - only my mom used to curl mine, and so it kind of resembled a mullet. Boohoo.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Boy, Celestine and I are real blog losers. One of these days, ..., I'll blog again. I really liked seeing the sweet Madison!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Dan said...

We really had a good time visiting you guys. Madison is such a card. Always wanting to joke around and play with grandpa. Little Ben is growing up so fast. He is so cute.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger WX Ences said...

I dig the new haircut! It seems to suit her. I've never been a big bang fan, not on myself anyhow, but they can be very flattering. She's cute enough to pull it off!

Jack turns one in a couple days...can you believe how quickly it goes by? I still can't believe Clay turns 8 in ONE YEAR, he'll be getting baptized!!! Are we really that old?

I think it's awesome you and Brian are teaching dance. I remember watching you dance at your wedding and being very jealous...I still am. I wish Joe and I were able to 'cut a little rug' better....some day perhaps!

I wish Maddie luck on the dance competition. If you have any spare moments you'll have to give me a call, we're not 10 minutes South of Lagoon. It would be great to see you again.

Take care and I hope the little ones get better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home