Sunday, January 06, 2008

Christmas With The Hobbs

Here are my men in their matching pj's...
And Madi and I in ours.
This takes a bit of explanation. See, Madison has apparently been paying a lot of attention to what Santa has to do on Christmas, and recently she has been expressing concern over him having to eat that many cookies and drink that much milk in one night. So when I went to make some cookies for Santa (I had some cookie dough leftover in the fridge) so they would be fresh for him, she insisted that we give him somthing healthy instead. She said that he would probably get a stomach ache if we fed him more cookies, so she dug through the fridge and got him out some salad. The piece of fudge was a concession she made when Brian expressed concern that Santa may not eat the salad if there wasn't something good to eat afterward. She cracks me up.
And here are Madison and Benjamin opening up their presents on Christmas morning. I know that these pictures are REALLY late, and there is really no excuse...so..sorry? Anyway, we had a great time this year. After we opened presents and talked to our families, we went to our friends the Jensen's house for dinner and let the kids ransack the bedrooms while we all played Rook. Then when Ben couldn't stand being awake any longer and Madison had driven everyone insane, we went home and went to bed. Pretty laid back, and I really liked not having to clean up after the big dinner...or to have to cook the big dinner, really. Hopefully next year I'll get on the ball earlier and have everything done before Christmas so we can post regularly.....well, we can always hope!

6 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

Merry Christmas! We haven't posted our Christmas stuff yet, either. I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys, but it looks like you had fun! Your kids are adorable! And way to go on those PJs. My Christmas project might be finished by, oh, next Christmas!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I loved the pj's!! You did a great job! Thanks for the posting..does this mean you're home now? I'm totally calling you tomorrow.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I totally like the salad for Santa with the fudge combo meal. Great food for a fat man.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger WX Ences said...

I think the majority of people have been a little behind on the posting...myself included. I love the Christmas pics of the kids. Maddy is so grown up it's hard to believe. I haven't actually seen her (outside of photos) since she was an infant! Weird.
Your house looks awesome with the Christmas lights. We have never gotten around to do such a thing...I'm convinced it would kill me and Joe refuses...oh well.

Hope you all have a great new year!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow! New pictures! I am so glad that you posted. I have been wondering what has been happening down at your house!!

Your house looks awesome with the lights up! I remember feeling that way about decorating the outside of the house after we bought our house in Anchorage. We had awesome lights every year. Uncle Scott is so good about putting them up! This year we had lights on the bushes and tree, but not so many on the house and he finished it on Christmas Eve, I think. Oh well.

The kids are getting so grown up! I can't believe Benjamin has grown so much! I am really going to have to come down and see him!!

Good job on the pj's! Everyone looks so cute!

Lots of love to you all!

Aunt Cheryl

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Everyone looks so cute in their PJ's. Ben is really growing up fast. It was great to see you after Christmas. Krista, have you started doing tax returns yet??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home