Monday, March 03, 2008

Madi Gets a Haircut

I decided in January to trim Madison's hair, it probably hadn't been trimmed in two years so it was a little uneven. Some of you know about the mohawk incident...some may not. Well, about a two years ago, just when we got back from Taiwan, Madison decided to give herself a haircut. It was in two french braids, and she wedged the scissors on either side of the center part in the front and snipped right to the crown of her head. It would have been really hilarious if I hadn't been so horrified, she has such crazy cowlicks that I wasn't sure I'd be able to hide it, and there was no way I was going to shave her head. I ended up doing an extreme side part for a few months, and then she had a mohawk that stood straight up until it got long enough to lay over. That took about a year...then just when I was thinking we'd gotten over it, she cut the same slice again, probably in an attempt to get rid of her mohawk. It has taken nearly another year to get it to grow back to where it looked like a half-hearted attempt at bangs only in the center of her forehead.

While I was trimming the back I wondered out loud if I should just cut her some bangs so that it could all grow out together, then at least it would look intentional. Madison begged and begged me to do it, saying repeatedly, "I'll look just like Hannah Montana, Mom! PLEASE!!!" Soooo...I gave in! And now, against my (and Brian's) better judgement, our little girl now has trendy Hannah Montana bangs. There are only a few problems with the bangs....first, they grow fast, and I want to let them grow out, but not look shaggy....any suggestions? Second, as previously mentioned, crazy cowlicks....this usually means they part a little to the side with a decided flip. Ugh. And Lastly....they make her look too old. This is the real problem. She'll be six so soon that it is killing me....somehow six seems so much older than five. Five is still a baby, really, but six....six is a little girl.

So...what do you think? Keep the Hannah Montana bangs, or grow them out?

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh my, what a cute little girl!!

I really love the bangs, but you are so right that they are a pain. They must be trimmed! Those eyes are so beautiful, you don't want them hiding behind too long bangs!

Hair grows so fast! See how you like keeping up with bangs and then go from there.

Six really does sound old, doesn't it? I have to agree that Maddie has sure transitioned from a baby into a little girl! If only we could slow down time!!

(If I had MY way, you and Emily would still be six!!)

Lots of love!!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hair does not grow fast for me. I can go about 4 months between haircuts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home