Monday, March 03, 2008

Ten Months Old....Better Late Than Never!




Here is our little monkey at ten months old. Can you believe it's been ten months already?? We actually did take the pictures on time, we've just had dead batteries in our camera for a while so we couldn't post them.
Okay, so ten months for Benjamin meant lots of first things. He learned how to crawl this month...and he is getting pretty fast. He still does the whole one-legged Smegal crawl, I think he doesn't want to crawl on his knees because the floor is so hard. Poor baby.
He also got two new teeth this month, and bit his sister for the first time. He has four top teeth and two bottom ones...just enough to leave a fairly impressive mark on Madi's stomach where he bit her in retaliation for picking him up when he wanted to be left alone.
He has also been eating just about everything now. He even ate an entire chicken nugget the other day. He started out by daintily nibbling the nugget, and when he thought I wasn't paying attention anymore he stuffed the whole thing in his mouth. It was funny watching him try to chew with his mouth so full. Now I know better...I cut up everything I give him in case he decides to shove it all in at once.
Ben also learned to shake his head no, and this has become his favorite pastime, and his response to anything I say or offer to feed him, whether he agrees or not. And early this month I taught him to blow kisses, but he hasn't figured out that it involves your mouth persay...so he just slaps himself somewhere on the head and then waves it at you. Well...I know what he means!
This month he also said Mom for the first time...he mostly says it when he's upset. He babbles all sorts of other sounds, sometimes even coming up with Dadada, although we're not sure he associates either Momma or Dada with the actual people yet. He does like to jabber, though...and he loves to talk on the phone, he thinks it's hilarious, he laughs and jabbers and laughs and jabbers until we take it away, then he screams like we've stolen his first born child. Ah.....the dulcet tones of a ten month old.
All in all, he's a very happy baby boy, and we can't imagine our family without him! He's still pretty laid back, not the same as his older sister, and shy, unlike Madison. Ben is just a happy, laughing, clapping, nono head shaking, smegal crawling monkey. And we love him!

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Could he be more grown up? I love all his firsts! Hayden is sprouting teeth like crazy too! Four on top and two on bottom. Teeth twins with his favorite cousin.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

He has gotten so cute! What a charmer! I can tell by your description that he knows how to work the Mommy machine!! They are just so darn cute, what can you do!!

Lots of love!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Nanci said...

Just so you know I am doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance right now! You FINALLY gave me something new to look at! Woo Hoo! I love that Benj has SO much hair now! I miss him SO SO much! I love the Hannah Montana bangs to! Madi is so silly! She is getting too big, I remember when she was Benj's age. :( She was however a lot more mobile then Benj so I guess you have something to be thankfull for in the fact that she is almost 6! Ahhhh, ok blog more. Love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home