Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbye Spider-Bush



We used to have this really nasty spider-collecting bush in our front yard. I have hated it since the day we moved in, and this year it had gotten really big and hard to see around when you back out of the driveway. Welllll....I sort of got really annoyed with it and started to "prune" it. By the time Brian got home I had half of it hacked down to the roots, and it looked so bad that he had no choice but to finish the job and yank it out. Hooray! So he and a guy on our street chained it to the bumper of his truck and ripped it out of the ground. I cannot tell you how satisfying that was for me. Unfortunately, once we got the bush out we realized how many other things needed to get done outside at our house.....and we will show you what this project started in the next few posts. I guess I didn't get a picture of the house after the bush is out, but I'm sure I will later.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hurry for ridding the world of yukky spider collecting bushes!! I really despise shrubs and we have several. It must be in the air because yesterday I came home from work and Scott had trimmed our spider refuges and they are very small. The only bad thing is is that they are still there and there aren't flowers planted in their holes.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

I bet that was fun to see the bush getting thrown out of the ground :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home