Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nursery



Here are a few pictures of our stripey job in the nursery. We're going to add a chair-rail molding right under the stripes. I was a little worried that it looked like a circus tent, and kept telling Brian we should paint over it in a lighter blue, but he assures me that my insanity is temporary due to my pregnancy induced hormone fest, and that I will fall in love with it once he is done putting up the chair rail and the baby paraphenelia. I am pretty impressed with our stripes...they turned out really well, and it only too about three hours to do the whole thing....no kidding! The center picture features the little collapsible animal toys we bought in Taiwan. Aren't they cute? And of course the last one has Madison showing off the singing pig puppet that Brian thought the baby would love.....so he bought it, and now we are all sick of being tortured by it. Even Madison gets annoyed when Brian makes it sing....goes to show that sometimes a clearance item is NOT a good purchase....

We are really excited though, by this time next week we'll be getting all settled in and waiting for our baby!!! We can't wait, and now that we have his nursery painted, we are ready! Alright, except for the curtains, bedding and blessing outfit that I still have to sew...not to mention putting together the thousand-piece crib, and digging through all of our old baby stuff to see if we have anything that isn't pink. Well....I guess we can wait another couple of weeks for him to get here.......

6 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger WX Ences said...

I love the nursery, and the paint job on the rest of the house. I hope that everything goes well with moveing things in and when the baby arrives! Best of Luck!

Audri

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Nanci said...

Ooooo it looks absolutly adorable! I LOVE it! Now all you have to do is hurry up and have that baby already so I can come up and see it for real!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Dan said...

i thought the stripes would be on the bottom so seeing them on the top totally surprised me, but I really like it a lot the way you did it. the chair molding we add the last touch. it's cool guys.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I think it's great! If you decide it's too light, you could even just paint a layer of really watered down white paint over it to soften them up. If you chose the wall color, you wouldn't even have to re-paint. Either way though, it's adorable and I can't wait for Baby Ben to come!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I love the stripes. I can't wait to see it in real life. I'm also glad to hear that you guys are all moved in. Congratulations. I can't wait till the baby comes.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Melanie said it's great, so I'm obligated by law to agree...

But seriously, great job, the room looks awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home