Thursday, June 10, 2010




I found a couple of other pictures of the boys that I thought you might want to see. The top one is little Jackson, and bottom is Connor with me (duh). I guess I forgot to post stats on them last night. Well, long story short...they never gave them to us. But I do know that Connor was just at 5 pounds and Jackson was just at 6 pounds. They never told us their lengths, or their head sizes. I hope it is on some paperwork somewhere, but I think things were happening so fast that they just didn't get the info to us.
Today Connor is doing great. He is eating like a pro and is so cute! He makes the cutest little baby squeaky noises. I held him all morning until the nurses forced him from my arms, something about blah blah needs to be in his incubator to blah blah blah. I reluctantly handed him over, but I'll be back later to snuggle him some more.
I talked to Brian and Jackson did great last night. The doctors seem optimistic about today, and he was doing so well that if they didn't already have him scheduled for his procedure, they would have taken out is breathing tube today. Brian says he is looking a lot more baby colored, and he's been kicking his legs and waving his arms around. They got him all prepped for surgery, and he is still waiting his turn for the Cath Lab to open up. The procedure should last about five hours, so I have no clue when more information is forthcoming. I just can't wait to be able to hold him. There is no way to describe this feeling of helplessness...and how much I just want to be able to pick him up and tell him that everything will be okay.
I also can't wait for Brian to get back. I had no idea how much I was relying on him these last few days until I watched him follow that incubator out the door. I wish I could be there with them, but I know that I need to be here with Connor. Ugh. It is hard to feel like I need to be two places at once.
Well, more information to come, hopefully all good. Again, thank you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.
Krista

5 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks for the second update! Love the pictures!!! I'm glad you got to hold Connor all morning. I'm sure Jackson will do great this afternoon.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Still rooting for little Jackson! Thanks for the update!! Lots of love!!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I love your updates...we are all praying for Jackson... I am glad to hear that Connor is doing good. I do miss baby snuggles. Let me know if there is more I can do.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The boys are so cute and you look great too.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger mamahewe said...

I can relate to the feeling of helplessness that you feel. My heart breaks for you because I understand how you feel!!! I'm so glad that Connor is doing so good! Your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers until you bring those babies safely home!!! Please call me if you need to talk about anything, I know that it all can feel so overwhelming, especially the more days that pass! I hope that Nanci gave you my number!! Take care of yourself and know that you are so loved!!!

Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home