Sunday, October 11, 2009

Woo Hoo! And all that...


Look closely at the girl with a white shirt and blue pants...do you see it now? Does she look familiar? Because it is me, finishing my first half-marathon!!!! I know the pictures aren't great, but they had a photographer on the course, and when those pictures are ready I'll post them...in all my tomato-faced glory.
I'm running with my neighbor, Kathy...who has kicked my butt into gear for several months now (and for some reason keeps bringing up a marathon that she wants to run...ugh).
I have to say that this is one of the things on my list to do before I'm thirty, and I did it!! It was freezing that morning, but I really only felt cold for the first half-mile. We ran up and down a million hills (they didn't call this race "Run For the Hills" for nothing!) and I'm proud to say finished in exactly the time we were aiming for: 2 hours, 45 minutes...and some odd seconds, I can't remember.
Brian had plans for lots of awesome pictures. He made shirts for the himself and the kids that said "Team Krista!" and he made me one that was very cute (I will post it later), but was up all night with very sick kids (he let me sleep, Thank you Brian!!!), so only managed these few at the very end of the race. We'll make everyone put their shirts back on and take pictures once they're all over the swine flu.
Anyway, I know it is lame to say...but I'm totally proud of myself! It was really a fun and challenging race, and I'm crazy enough that it might not be my last.....although don't ask me today, as I woke up this morning with every muscle in my body hurting. Did I say hurting? I meant, SCREAMING IN PAIN!!! Oh well, nothing half a bottle of ibuprofen and laying on the couch all day won't fix, right?

12 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hurray!! Way to go!! I am proud of you!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

OK, first of all: Swine flu? Really?

More importantly, WAY TO GO!!!! I'm totally intimidated by your awesomeness. Especially when I see your cake decorating skills.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Hahaha....no swine flu, and that is the one and only wedding cake I will ever decorate! It was a nightmare, and might I add...in July weather, a melting and leaning nightmare! No need to be intimidated...I only have occasional bursts of mildly impressive skills.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Travis said...

Congrats! We'll have to all run one together now.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger EM said...

Krista!! Awesome!! You are totally allowed to be proud of yourself, by the way. I am so impressed.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Dan said...

We are so proud of you too Krista. That is so awesome. I'm thinking I might want to do that sometime, but no way could I do it in your record time. I must say I am impressed.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Allright! You are far more ambitious than I!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Celestine said...

Congratulations Krista! You and Brian are a great team and have accomplished so much together.

Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. We love you guys and wish we were all closer so we could visit a lot more often.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Андреев Александр said...

Нифига я не знаю по английски(

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger WX Ences said...

I am using this opportunity to request that your next post update us (when I say 'us' I mean 'me') on Maddy. How are things going with the diabetes?

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Mama Bear said...

Look at you!! You're awesome!! Congrats on all the new!!
Quentin and Amber
thefifthson.blogspot.com

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Roy said...

Way to go sweetheart! You never cease to amaze me! Love ya! Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home