Thursday, June 10, 2010

This is Brian and I as we got to the hospital. We were both very excited and nervous as well. Isn't my belly huge?!
Here is Baby A, Connor, making his debut into the operating room.

Here is Baby B, Jackson, making it clear that this whole thing was not his idea.


Connor all snugged up and getting to hang out with Mom and Dad soon after delivery.



Jackson in his isolet. This is after he was transferred over to Boise, but before the additional tubes and sensors.
Well, we had our babies! On Tuesday morning at 3:00 am my water broke and we packed up and headed to the hospital. I was at 35 weeks and 6 days, so almost 36 weeks. Because we were so far along we didn't really anticipate much of a problem. We got to the hospital and I was pretty much ready to go. My epidural didn't work though, so things started getting a little chaotic as they tried to get me numbed up and into the operating room (in case of emergency c-section). They finally got me in and situated and about five minutes later Connor was born at 8:13 am. I had a tiny break and got to look at Connor and then it was time for Jackson, who was born second at 8:38 am. They let me look at Jackson for a about five seconds and then whisked him away to the NICU. He was a little blue and not responding the way they wanted him to.
After about an hour the nurses let Brian and I hold Connor, who actually didn't have a name yet, but wouldn't bring us Jackson or really give us any information about him. The pediatrician eventually came in to tell us that Jackson had labored breathing and a heart murmer, and that he would have to be transferred to Boise. They had decided to transfer Connor with him so they could be together. Brian and I were a little freaked out, but at that point we didn't know that anything serious was going on. I had to stay in Caldwell, so Brian went with the boys to the hospital in Boise.
A few hours later Brian called me to tell me that although Connor was doing okay, Jackson's heart murmur and breathing issues were caused by pulmonary valve stenosis, and had to be dealt with by surgeons in Portland. Basically his pulmonary heart valve does not open right now, and there is a lot of pressure built up. The blood is not making it back to his lungs in the proper way, so his breathing becomes labored. It isn't good, but the doctors have a plan for him, so we are praying for the best.
Connor is still doing well. I was able to get released from the hospital in Caldwell last night and I'm staying here in Boise with him. Brian and Jackson flew via private jet (sweet, huh?) to Portland this afternoon, and Jackson's scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon. The surgery is very long, so we probably won't have any updates for anyone until tomorrow evening. Brian's parents are driving up to Portland tonight to be with him.
Madison and Ben got to meet both brothers this morning before Jackson and Brian left, and they are in love, of course. Ben kept saying that he wanted to pet the babies, and Madison was helping the nurses to do things for Connor. It was very sweet.
Sorry this post is mostly information, I'm not up to giving the long version right now. I will try to post more information and pictures in the next few days. If you have questions, please call Nanci or my parents or Brian's parents. I'm sort of saving my phone talking for when Brian calls with updates. We appreciate all of your kind words and prayers and good thoughts.
Think about Jackson tomorrow for us.





10 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Krista!!! Thanks so much for posting pictures!! First of all, you look amazing! I've seriously never seen a cute pregnant lady! And the boys are ADORABLE! I just love the screaming pic of Jackson. He looks just like Hayden did in his little isolette. I know you're worried, but they are absolutely beautiful and I just know everything will work out. The Lord will strengthen and comfort you greatly in the next few days. And I'll definitely be praying for you all day.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

yes, thank you for posting. I have all my friends here also praying for the boys. They look adorable, Mario loved the pictures of the babies. btw you looked great pregnant! Love you guys.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

Your belly's big, but your face looks thin! didn't know that was possible with pregnancy!

Your boys are beautiful. We're sending lots of prayers and virtual mac and cheese your way.

- Jen Lee

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hang in there sweetie! We are also praying for you all!! Love the pregnant belly picture! You look great! I looked like a sumo wrestler with stick legs before the twins were born!!

Lots of love,

Aunt Cheryl

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Krista congrats on the boys! I love their names, by the way :) Your family is in my prayers today.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger mamahewe said...

I'm so happy for you!! I'm glad that Conner is doing well and hope that will continue. My prayers are with Jackson and your family!! Have faith and the Lord will guide you!!! They are so cute and your pics remind me of not so long ago when I was in the same situation!! You never said how much they weighed or how long they were. Maybe we can get those details later. Take care and call if you need to talk!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger jenni the artist said...

Krista - thanks for the posting! You guys have had quite the couple of days! The boys are beautiful! We have been praying for you too and asking friends to do the same. Can never have too many prayers, right? Hang in there, it's all in the doctor's and ultimately in the Lord's hands now. You two are and will be awesome parents to those boys! Ben's comment cracked me up, but we are anxious to hear amy updates you have, and know that Finch prayers are being sent up in your behalf!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mama Bear said...

Wow, that is really a lot. I am so sorry to hear about everything being rough right now, but he looks great and I'm sure the Docs will have him back with you in no time. They look great.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

Krista,
I'll definitely keep you guys in my prayers. They are handsome little guys...and hopefully will be healthy and safe at home soon! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home