Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Beautiful Taiwan


I thought I would update with some cool pictures that just show you some really cool things here in Taiwan. I tend to focus on the shocking....for entertainment value....but you have to know that sometimes it is so beautiful that it really does take your breath away. (I know, corny reference to 80's music...this started to happen to me when I married Brian....)

Roadside garden. Every available space is filled with these. Very smart people!!

Baby pineapples growing in the field....just waiting to become big, juicy pineapples for me to eat!! Mmmmmmmmm!!!! It surprised us to see them growing on the ground like this. Did anyone out there know that they grew on the ground? Travis doesn't count!!

Huge lily-pads on a pond. Whoa.

3 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I didn’t know about the pineapples growing on the ground. I assumed a tree I guess. That lily pads look like huge green cake pans. Nice posting Krista. Thanks.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Hi Krista and Brian, I'm trying to catch up and read everyone's blog. Your's is very fascinating to me because I love to learn about other countries and cultures.

I really enjoyed going along adventures with the 3 of you. Thanks for the ride :-). Love you guys, Cel.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Cory said...

I knew about the pineapples, but I was surprised when I first found out about it. I bought Angie a bromeliad once and I was reading up on how to make it flower again. Turns out it was way too complicated and difficult, and we ended up tossing the plant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home