Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!!!

The Easter Bunny didn't have time to get to Taiwan this year....so we had to make our own peanut-butter filled chocolate eggs and bunnies. Yummmmm!!! Madison helped Brian and I make our custom Easter treats, and it was really fun! Thanks Jenny and Ted for the melting kit that made it all possible!!!!!

And Brian and Madi dyed Easter eggs together. Madison thought this was waaaay cool, and was begging to do it for about two weeks. She finally had her dreams come true when we let her play with the eggs. Normally she is forbidden to touch eggs.....she has a bad history of cracking them into the refridgerator.....but we set our prejudices aside for one day and let her go crazy. Little did she know they were hard-boiled and presented no real risk. No reason to take the fun out of it for her.

We continued our tradition of having new guests for a holiday. This time Brian saw some foreigners outside about three days ago and decided to invite them for dinner. He sort of forgot that it was Easter Sunday dinner that he had invited them to, so I had to frantically change my plans to make spam burgers with mac and cheese. We ended up making homemade ravioli and asparagus. Our guests were Chris and Judy and their new baby girl, from South Africa....foreign teachers here in Taiwan just like us. They've been here for three years now. They were really nice, and I was glad Brian invited them....even though I probably was cranky to him because I get so stressed out when I have to go overboard with my entertaining.

We had a really fun and different Taiwan Easter this year! Madi got a new dress....but we forgot to take a picture of her in it, so you may have to wait until next Sunday to see it! It was even great because Brian and I both got to hear the translation in church today...both of our headsets actually worked this time!! It was a sign of the holiday!!

Happy Easter!!!

10 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mike said...

You guys have soooo much fun! I think I want to give up Chemical Engineering and become a professional Easter bunny!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I have to read a novel by an Asian author. Do you have any suggestions?

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Don't forget to take that picture in her dress. We want to see it.

You 2 are certainly adventuresome with your entertaining.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I have read a few books by Amy Tan. Her novels are about living in China and the hardships that the characters face because of the government/personal struggles. They can be kind of graphic, so maybe skim through first for appropriateness. I also read one called Falling Leaves, written by Adelaide...uh...can't remember. It is a true story about a woman who grew up in China during the war. Again, this is a true biography, so it is pretty sad...but a good book to give you an idea of what Chinese culture is like. I also have read a book called A Thousand Pieces of Gold. Can't remember the author...it was when I was in high school so I don't remember exactly but I think it was about a girl sold by her family because they were poor. Well, I hope this helps! Good luck!

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Oh...I just remembered that Falling Leaves was written by Adelaide Yen Ma....at least I think that's her name.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Cute peanut butter eggs! I'll have to get a decent pic of the boys' easter outfits up too. They wouldn't cooperate with pics last Sunday, but I'm going to try again tomorrow. How long until your parents get there?

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Three weeks until mis padres arrive here in Taiwan!!! I can't believe that we've been here almost a year...and I really can't believe we're going to go home soon and be done with Taiwan. Those first few months were killer, but now we are scrambling to do the stuff we want to do before we leave!!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Travis said...

I read "Family" by Ba Chin for a Chinese history class and thought it was real good. It's a story of a family's struggles as China modernizes.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks for the help. We choose a book by Amy Tan called The Bonesetter's Daughter.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Amy Tan is American. Do you need a book from a person who is actually from Asia? That's a great book though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home