Saturday, December 03, 2005

The "Martha Stewart Moment" Blog Challenge


Taiwan is finally starting to cool down....and consequently, we are all sick! Fortunately for us, I have decided to start doing things like making homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodes. Perhaps it was all that whipping up of cheesecakes without modern technology to help me....or perhaps I've finally lost my mind...but I've been having some seriously "Martha" moments lately. I even bought a citrus juicer thing (incredibly reasonably priced....US $7.oo) and made freshly squeezed orange juice to go with this "we refuse to succumb to the sickness!" feast. And wouldn't you know it....this is the very first time I've made noodles. I always thought it would be too much work, and I didn't think I had the time. Well...now that I'm Taiwan with no television to distract me...and not really a whole lot to do on weekends...I seem to have more time on my hands. And I found that it wasn't actually too bad after all....it was even kind of fun, and of course the soup was awesome....hopefully it will cure us all!

Now....since I have all of this time on my hands....and it is December, the month of merry-making and holiday baking,(oh, brother!!) I thought that it might be fun to have a Martha Moment blog challenge. Okay, so I know that you all are doing all kinds of cool things to get ready for Christmas...so I think it would be fun to pick a "Martha Moment of the Week," and post it on your blog. You just have to have one great one per week until Christmas. Then I can live vicariously in the US, and you get to see what happens when you try to do US holiday prep in Taiwan! What do you think??

8 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I already know what mine's going to be this week!! Great idea Krista! The soup looks yummy. Makes me want to break out my pasta maker that's been intimidating me for a full year now. Do you dare me to make soup this week? haha

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Oooo...make the soup! It was so good...and even Madi liked it.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Travis said...

I had a Martha moment just last week. I made a pumpkin cheesecake.... using Krista's now-famous recipe.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Dan said...

homemade noodles, now that is very domestic. Sounds good too.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Travis-you made a cheesecake. Wow! I'm impressed.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Roy said...

I am proud that you would try your hand at scratch cooking.

Love ya,

Dad

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

My Martha moment for this week is the awesome croquembouche I made for a dinner party! Martha is going to show everyone how to make it TOMORROW on her show! I think it turned out pretty good! It was pretty yummy too.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

Ok, so the croquembouche is for LAST week and now my cute little meringue snowmen are my obnoxious Martha Moment for this week. With Christmas Eve right around the corner, it will be hard to have just one "moment" this week! There's a pic of the snowmen on my blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home