Monday, October 17, 2005

As Krista, Madison, and I were walking on the island, two old men approached us and asked us if we wanted to ride on a pedicab. This is the only place in Taiwan where these wonderful vehicles are ridden, so we decided to do it. We thought that one of the old men were going to pedal us around..but no this is Taiwan..they got their grandma to do it for them.
--Brian says that they asked us if we wanted a ride....but it was more like, "You! Come here! Ride! Ride! Very cheap, you ride!" Mixed in with a whole bunch of Chinese, because I asked them in Chinese how much it cost...so they just assumed that I spoke Chinese. But it was pretty cool, even though I felt really bad for the old woman who had to pedal around the half ton of Americans in the back seat. She was tough! We thought that she would just pedal us down the road and back, but she took us around the island! Poor woman!

8 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I think that's hilarious. An old woman pedaling you aroung. How fun though!!!?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Travis said...

Cool! You guys are getting to do a lot more than I did. That's awesome!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Great picture. Poor grandma though.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Another question... did you guys try to call today? I noticed a try on skype. Sorry we missed ya. Brian, play your penguin game elsewhere and please get rid of that annoying sound that plays whenever we go to your site. All in favor, vote I.

Later

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Travis,

I guessing that their playing around on ped mobiles or whatever they are called is something that probably shouldn't have happened to you as a missionary. This means that you unintentially are telling us that you actually did what you were suppose to be doing while serving your mission.

Good son! Your're the man.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I noticed the sound is gone. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Travis said...

I'm going to miss the games though. I liked the one where the penguins jumped off the cliff and the abominable snowman hit them with a baseball bat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home