Friday, October 14, 2005

Evil Cockroach Attack!!

Okay, so grown adults can handle anything....right? Well...as you will soon see, these grown adults cannot handle cockroaches!

The other night we decided to go see a movie. It was kind of dark when we got in the car, and so we didn't notice our little stow away...until it was too late. As Brian started to drive down the road, a HUGE (and we're talking Fear Factor huge) flying cockroach started buzzing around inside the car, right in the dashboard area. So Brian and I did what any intelligent, calm adult would do in a similar situation.....we screamed and flattened ourselves against our seats trying to put as much distance between us and cockroach as possible. The conversation went as follows:

Krista: "Get it! Get it!"
Brian: "No way! You get it!"
Krista: "You're the man, that's your job!!! Get it and throw it outside!"
Brian: "How?"
(cockroach starts to fly around again)
Brian and Krista: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!"
Krista: "I don't know, just grab it! Hurry up....it's going to fly back here!"
Brian: "Grab it with what? Give me something to grab it with."
Krista: "I don't have anything, just grab it with your hand."
(cockroach buzzes)
Brian and Krista: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!"
Brian: "Are you kidding, there's no way I'm going to grab that with my hand! Find me something to get it with!!"
(we both rifle around in the car, and I find a Domino's Pizza coupon page in the jocky-box)
Krista: "Here, use this to grab it with."
Brian: "Eeww...I don't want to grab it, you grab it."
Krista: "I am not touching it, listen...you are the man...you get it!"
Brian: (grabs cockroach with paper and tosses it outside) "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!"


Now, you'd think the story ended there...but perhaps we should have actually killed the cockroach. Later that night, as we were coming back from the movie we stepped into the elevator only to discover that a flying cockroach was waiting for us.

Coincidence.................I think not!

3 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Travis said...

One day I was cleaning my dirty missionary apartment in Taiwan and I pulled the stove out, and I kid you not.... about 12 of those big nasty cockroaches were just sitting there. We had a cockroach stamping marathon on our hands. One went into the toaster oven, and I turned it on. But I think it still lived through that...
it was so gross.

Anyway. I think geckos each those cockroaches. Have you seen any geckos yet?

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Gross!!! Ewwww!!!!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Krista said...

We have seen geckos...in fact....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home