Wednesday, June 29, 2005

We Are Here!!

Believe it or not, we survived our flight! We got into Koahsiung late last night (the afternoon for all of you) and got into our apartment. It is.....well....let's just say it isn't the Ritz.....but we've decided to stay here for now, at least until we talk to the other foreign teachers. The one big problem...our apartment didn't come with A/C, so we can either pay extra for the apartment for them to put one in...or we can buy one and get a sort of refund on our apartment each month. Complicated....I'll have to explain later. Anyway, it is really actually a charming little neighborhood, and the courtyard for our complex is gorgeous. I guess I just have to keep telling myself that I'm not in the US, and apartments here are a little bit different. I'll have to take pictures and post them so you can see what I mean. For those of you who I told about my nightmare before I left about the motel on south 5th in Pocatello.....well, it just about came true. But after sleeping for a few hours, it isn't all that bad.

Well, I just wanted everyone to know that we are okay and getting settled in. We had our first real Chinese meal at lunch. We ate at this awesome dumpling restaurant. WOW!! Yummy!

More on our adventure later!!!!

Love,
Us

5 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Krista,
Thanks for the update. We are glad that you got there okay and that you have found a place to get on the internet. How did Maddy do on the plane ride over? We hope okay. I take it from your posting that it must be hot there. I hope you get the AC condition straightened out. Keep in touch and let us know how things are going. If you get a phone number please post it. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm glad you guys made it too. I'm anxious to see pictures. I hope Maddy was good on that long plane ride.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for letting us know that you made it. I hope you are not suffering from jet lag now. Did the sewing machine survive the trip?? Can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Are you guys there? We are anxious to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Sounds pretty good actually. Maybe you can get a little swamp cooler or something for the apartment. Let us know how things are going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home