Friday, June 17, 2005

Ahhh....Allegra

You know, it's good to be married to a strong, sturdy, handyman like Brian. You see, my dad is still trying to get my grandparents completely moved out of their old house. Well, right now he's in the process of tearing down the old outbuildings...and Brian being the industrious volunteer that he is has been trying to help when he's not at work. Okay, actually I have been volunteering him when he's not at work. It isn't that he wouldn't volunteer, but after spending eight hours in a hot attic, he doesn't always feel fresh for a new evening of labor. Unfortunately for Brian, this is Idaho. Pollen infested, dust encrusted, rusty nail occupied Idaho. So yesterday he had four rusty nails puncture his foot, and spent the evening not being able to breath due to his allergies. Consequently, he didn't sleep at all and today when my dad had a new project outside...well, let's just say that I'm now the strong, sturdy, handyman in the family. But just for today. We built a corral for my dad's horse, and I mowed his lawn with a push mower.....has anyone out there seen his massive lawn? Okay, so edged with the push mower while he got the rest with the riding lawn mower...but really, why did I get stuck with the push mower? And then we got done and he started thinking of all kinds of new projects that he needed to get done. Taiwan is looking pretty good right now!

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Dan said...

OOH no..........that hurts. You better get that shot. Funny story, but probably not so funny to Bri.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Dan said...

You can usually get a Tetanus shot at the Health Department in the county that you live in. However, you might want to give them our address since you are between cities or should I saw countries right now.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Do you really have to get a tetnus shot??? I feel for you Bri, I've never really had allergies very bad, but this year has been my year. I have developed this strange allergy cough that seems to have settled deep in my chest. Agh, it's nasty. So, I now sleep with a humidifier, an inhaler, and claritin. AHHH, the joys of allergies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home