Thursday, August 05, 2010

Summer Projects


Summer Project #1: Refinish the hard wood floors. I want to point out the stains on the floors that have probably been there since the house was built in 1905. It just bother me that the twins would have to play on these nasty floors.

The first thing I did was move the furniture out onto the lawn. We are now white trash!!!

Everything else went into the kitchen. This is me eating on the piano.
Sanding if finished!!! I can breath again.
After sanding, staining, and sanding some more, and four layers of polyurethane, the floors are finally finished. Everybody say---wow..

During the drying stages of the floors my dad and I installed a plug and cable line down stairs in the basement.


I got these cabinets from a friend that was remolding her kitchen. All I had to do was take them out of the kitchen. They were ugly brown when I got them but I repainted them, put new hardware on them, and added a sheet of wain's coating on the front to make them look new. Notice that there is no crown molding....look down....

Bammm....what a difference a little molding makes. Ingnore the laundry mess.



I found this hutch at the thrift store and thought it would be perfect for the house. Again a little paint and I added the wain's coating on the back.



It has a light, how cool is that!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I love the Brian posts: pictures with no words. But I'll take a stab at it! LOVE the blue walls in the dining room and the newly refinished floors rock!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Oooo...I love it, babe! The molding looks fantastic. Whoever made the cuts must have been some kind of genius!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home