Monday, June 21, 2010

Surprise!







Guess who's back? At 6:30 this evening I picked up Brian and Jackson at the Boise airport. It was supposed to be 5:30, but OF COURSE their flight was delayed! To Brian and my utter surprise and a bit of fear, Jackson's doctors released him from the hospital telling us that he was set to go home. We were fairly suprised, since we originally thought he would be here in Boise for a few weeks. He has actually done so spectacularly with feedings that he doesn't even have a feeding tube.

I can't tell you how great it was to get to see them both and to finally hold my baby. That's right people, I never got to hold him before they swept him off to Portland. I wasn't sure when they left if I would ever get to hold him. I am feeling so very blessed right now.

After I picked them up we went up to the NICU here in Boise and had a little family reunion for our boys. It is amazing to us how much alike they are, although Connor has some catching up to do. We can't wait until our other two kiddos can get back here and we all can go home and be a family again. Until then we are so grateful for small victories and pretty big miracles. Two weeks ago we had our boys and we prayed for a miracle, today we got one.

9 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger mamahewe said...

YEAH!!!!!! Glad to know my guess was right!!! It is a great blessing to have your baby home, but it feels even better when you get them both home and you know that they are all yours and that you can hold them when ever you want and don't have to put them back in their "plastic baby cage". Keeping Conner in my prayers that he will be able to come home soon!!!!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

LLLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEE it!!!! They are absolutely adorable! I mean seriously cute!! I couldn't be more excited for you. You know, they say twins to better when they are together. Maybe having Jackson back is just what Connor needs to stay warm and eat better. They'll be really home in no time.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Krista,

That picture of Jackson smiling at you is precious. It was so good to talk to you last night and so good to see pictures of all of you together. What a story you have.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Erica said...

This post made me want to cry! I'm so glad you finally got to hold Jackson!! They are adorable! And so obviously identical, haha! Tooooo cute! We'll keep praying for Connor to be released soon so your whole family can be back together!!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Yipee! I am so excited for you! What a thrill for you to finally get to hold your little one and to have the twins together!!

Great pictures!!

Lots of love!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mabeys said...

Awww. You gave me goosebumps! So happy for you and your two little miracles!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Jen Lee said...

WOOHOOO!!!!!! I'm so, so, so happy for you right now! Also, your boys look like you! I can't wait to see pictures of you all together at home soon!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Mama Bear said...

It is really great to see pictures of you all together.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger WX Ences said...

Oh, I just love that picture of them together! What fun!!! I am so happy for you guys and hope the improvements keep coming your way! We're thinking of you often and are grateful for these little miracles!
Thanks for the updates...we love them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home