Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday, Madison!



Our little girl turned 5 on May 1st...and I personally can't believe that it has been five years since she was a little one. It is actually kind of a sad birthday for me...because it means she is officially not a baby anymore, as she will be attending Kindergarten this fall. I think that makes me feel really old. Oh well! She asked for a chocolate cake with pink flowers on it...and I sort of don't have the time or adequate sleep level to go all out right now...so her cake was from a mix. But the frosting was homemade! And I did a half-hearted attempt at decorating it, and she liked it, so it doesn't matter. The last picture is the only one I got of her party...oops! She had a few friends over after we all met at the pool to swim. Then we had hot dogs and cupcakes (okay, cupcakes and then hot dogs), and then let them knock the snot out of a pinata full of candy. Hooray! We sent them home exhausted as well as hopped up on sugar....hehehe...sorry Moms! It was a lot of fun, and Madi really enjoyed herself. So much so that she is now making plans for her next birthday...well, at least we'll have plenty of time to plan!

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Nanci said...

She looks so beautiful! I can't belive that she is already five! And by the way, it's about time you put up some new posts on your blog! I love the cake too! It looks magnificent!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Did you use your cake pans from Taiwan? It's so cute! I bet she loved it just because it's tall. Happy Birthday Madi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home