Sunday, January 29, 2006

Good Things.....


Okay, so I didn't know if this qualified for the Martha Cake Club site, because technically it isn't a "cake of the month." But I did have a "Martha made me do it" moment when I saw this new cake on the website for Martha Stewart Living. It is the Devil's Food Cake....and I have to say that it is really FABULOUS!!!! It was pretty easy to make, too. I halved it and baked it in my tiny little 5 inchers, and it was really cute because it was so small. But even with it as small as it was, we didn't even eat half of it! I made it for Chinese New Year's dinner as a special treat....and I most highly recommend it to anyone who loooooves chocolate....and I'm trying to tell you that it is soooooo good! I wish I could FedEx some to everyone to show you how it tastes, but maybe it would be a better idea to just try it yourself! So what do you think? Should I post it on the Martha blog?!?

7 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Oh! That looks so good I can kinda taste it. Lucky for my that Tammy is making a homemade coconut cream pie today from scratch. I can't wait.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oh that is so cute!! You are so awesome. All we made today was no-bake cookies. haha I'll have to try that recipe.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Travis said...

The no-bake cookies are going pretty fast around here. We might need to bake the cake if we're not more frugal.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

Yes! Post it on the "Martha" site. I think it looks great! I'm going to make it Saturday to take to the Bishop's house for a new member get together. I have been wanting to make it since I saw yours! It looks to die for!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Dan said...

what happened to the cute posting of Brian on the Martha site? I can't find it there.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Laura Lee said...

A Year Of Cakes: Go to the Martha Stewart site and then go to the magazine homepage. Just put in "year of cakes" in the search field and you will bring up the article from the January magazine with a link to all of the recipes. We have been printing them out and then put them in a page protector so we don't mess up our magazine. :) If you promise to go back and make the January cake too you can join our little club! hahaha

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I'm so happy you are going to try it!! And it is really good cake. I made just one of the cake recipe (not triple or whatever it says to make that monster of a cake) and it was waaay plenty for us and friends! If you think you want to keep making the cakes....you can be in the club!! Have you checked it out yet? The link is on my blog...the Martha's Cake Club link. Just let me know if you want to do it, and I'll help get you signed up so you can post on that blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home